Daniel M. Corveleyn
Dan has been a member of the firm since 1972, and is specialized in the practice areas of education law, family law including divorce, custody and adoptions, in estate planning and estate administration. He has served the Monroe County Common Pleas Courts as a Standing Divorce Master since 1998, and Custody Conciliator since June 2000. He has been the school solicitor for the Pleasant Valley School District, Stroudsburg Area School District and Monroe Career and Technical Institute, formerly the Monroe County Vocational-Technical School during his 40 years in the practice of law. He has also represented townships, planning commissions and zoning hearing boards, and is presently the solicitor for the Smithfield Sewer Authority and Price Township. He also represents the Monroe County Hospital Authority.
His practice also includes estate planning and estate administration, and is the senior member of that department.
Dan has participated as a member of family law seminar panels sponsored by PBI in the Lehigh Valley and Wyoming Valley of Pennsylvania.
Dan focuses his practice on the following areas of law: Education Law, Estate Administration, Estate Planning, Real Estate, and Family Law/Adoptions.
Areas of Practice
- 40% Education Law
- 15% Estate Administration
- 10% Estate Planning
- 10% Real Estate
- 25% Family Law/Adoptions
- Pennsylvania, 1972
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1976
- University of Toledo College of Law, Toledo, Ohio
- J.D. - 1972
- Law Review: Toledo Law Review, Business Editor, 1970 - 1972
- Susquehanna University
- B.A. - 1969
- Major: History
- Pleasant Valley School District
- Monroe Career and Technical Institute
- Stroudsburg Area School District
- Monroe County
- Price Township
- Smithfield Sewer Authority
- Family Law, PBI
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Monroe County Bar Association, Offices held include President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Board of Directors, 1972 - Present
- American Bar Association, 1972 - Present
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, 1972 - Present
- Theta Chi
- Lambda Chi Alpha