, The attorneys of Newman Williams PC ,

What To Do If You Were Injured By An Uninsured Driver

Getting hurt in a motor vehicle accident is painful and frightening. The situation can seem even worse if you discover that the driver who caused your injuries does not have collision insurance. However, you may still have options for getting rightfully compensated for your lost wages, medical charges, and pain and suffering.

At Newman Williams, P.C., our attorneys regularly help personal injury clients who were caught in traffic collisions with uninsured or underinsured motorists. We are one of the most established law firms in Pennsylvania, with roots going back more than a century. One of our experienced lawyers will work hard to find a way to get you compensated, so you can move forward with your life.

Underinsured And Uninsured Motorists Complicate Matters

When the driver responsible for an auto accident lacks sufficient insurance, getting compensation for their victims can get complicated. Pennsylvania’s legal minimum requirements for collision insurance are relatively low and have not changed since 1974. So, even if the other driver is insured, they may not carry enough protection to compensate you if your injuries are severe enough.

If you carry uninsured/underinsured coverage on your auto insurance policy, you can make a claim to your own insurer. The process can be similar to pursuing a claim against the liable driver’s insurance. Your insurance company may try to drag out the process or offer you an inadequate settlement offer. Representation from an experienced personal injury lawyer can smooth the process and help you get to a fair settlement much more quickly.

Another option is to file a lawsuit against the underinsured or uninsured driver if you sustained bodily injury. This makes the most sense when the driver has substantial personal assets. We will explain your rights and the choices you have so that you clearly understand what your next move should be. Do not give up or assume you will have to bear the financial burden of your injuries yourself. We can help.

Curious About What Your Options Are?

If you have been injured in a car accident with a driver without insurance, contact us today. For a free consultation with one of our attorneys, please call our Stroudsburg office at 570-559-5507 or toll-free 570-559-5507. You can also contact us via email. We are located in Stroudsburg out of Monroe County.