, The attorneys of Newman Williams PC ,

Stroudsburg Pennsylvania Family Law

On Behalf of | May 1, 2018 | Divorce Law, Family Law, Firm News


Working through any family law matter can be a very troublesome time for everyone involved. The decisions that are made and the orders that are established have the potential to impact every member of the family for years into the future. Having an experienced eastern Pennsylvania family law attorney representing you from the start can help to ensure that your interests are fully protected.

At the law firm of Newman, Williams, Mishkin, Corveleyn, Wolfe & Fareri, P.C., we represent men and women throughout the Pocono region in all aspects of family law and divorce-related issues. Our attorneys’ extensive experience and complete understanding of the law in these matters puts us in a uniquely strong position to provide the representation necessary to secure a favorable outcome in your case.

Helping You Through a Difficult Time

We work closely with all clients to fully understand their concerns and goals. We develop strategies designed specifically to help you reach your goals and work to secure a settlement that provides the greatest benefit to you. If a reasonable settlement cannot be reached, our Stroudsburg trial attorneys are fully prepared to take the matter to court in order to protect your interests.

We are prepared to help you resolve any Pennsylvania family law matter, including the following:

  • Divorce
  • Child custody and visitation
  • Child support
  • Property division
  • Paternity
  • Modifications
  • Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements


Q:: What is Custody and Visitation?

A– There are two aspects to custody, physical and legal custody. Physical custody refers to the actual physical possession and control of a minor child {under 18 years of age}. Legal custody refers to the right to make major life decisions for the child regarding such issues as education, religion and non-emergency medical treatment.

Custody comes in many forms: temporary, sole, split, shared and partial. Temporary custody may be granted upon the filing of a Motion for Pendente in Lite {“pending litigation”}. Upon review of your Motion, the Court will make a decision based on the “best interest of the child” standard. {See “How does a judge make decisions about custody?” below}. In order to be granted temporary custody, you must file a request for hearing along with an Order for Temporary Custody and Support with your Divorce or Custody Complaint.

Sole custody occurs when one parent has both physical and legal custody of the child. Split custody occurs when there is more than one child and each parent receives full physical custody over at least one child.

Shared custody can be granted in several ways. Parents have shared legal custody when they take care of the child but the child has only one primary residence. Shared physical custody occurs when the child has more than one primary residence and spends at least 35% of his or her time with the other parent. Parents can also reach agreements that are any combination of the two.

Partial Custody is what many parents consider visitation; however “visitation” only grants the right to visit a child, not the right to remove the child from the custodial parent’s control, which is what defines partial custody.

—–> Read more Family Law FAQ’s

Stroudsburg Family Law Attorneys

—> Daniel M. Corveleyn

Talk To One of Our Monroe County Divorce Lawyers

Contact our office today to discuss your family law issue with a lawyer. We are available between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and by appointment at other times.

You can reach us by phone at 570-421-9090 toll free at 800-506-0191 and via e-mail at [email protected] to schedule your initial consultation.

(Visited 81 times, 1 visits today)



FindLaw Network