Representing Victims Of Head-On Collisions
A head-on collision is typically a horrific accident that results in serious or fatal injuries. According to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) data, head-on collisions more commonly occur in rural areas, accounting for about 13 percent of fatal crashes. In urban areas, head-on collisions account for about seven percent of all fatal crashes.
No matter where your crash occurred, you deserve to learn about your legal rights and options.
At Newman Williams, P.C., we represent victims of all types of car accidents, including head-on crashes. To schedule a consultation at our office in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, please complete our online contact form.
Causes Of Head-On Collisions
One of the most common scenarios involving head-on crashes is when one car veers into the oncoming lane. This could be caused by:
- Distracted driving: When the other driver is using a cellphone, texting while driving or engaging in other distracting behavior.
- Impaired driving: When the other driver has consumed alcohol or is driving under the influence of illegal or prescription drugs.
- Fatigued driving: When the other driver falls asleep behind the wheel or is too tired to drive safely.
- Unsafe passing: When the other driver passes in a no-pass lane or when another car is coming.
- Going the wrong way in a one way: When the other driver, for whatever reason, starts driving the wrong way on a one-way road.
It is important to discuss what has happened to you (or a loved one) with a personal injury attorney. When you work with our firm, we will promptly begin an investigation to establish liability in your case. Then, we will help you seek maximum compensation to account for all expenses and losses you have experienced.
Talk To One Of Our Attorneys After a Serious Car Accident
Our office is open Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. To schedule a time to meet with one of our attorneys, please call 570-559-5507 or toll-free at 800-506-0191.