Pennsylvania Truck Accident Lawyers
Our area is one of the most traveled in the U.S., which accounts for the high number of serious motor vehicle accidents here. Of these, the worst involve trucks and other commercial vehicles. Truck crashes are extremely violent and much more likely to cause death than ordinary car crashes.
Cars and motorcycles are no match for these oversized vehicles with imperfect sight lines and drivers who may have been on the road since yesterday.
Our personal injury attorneys represent the injured in serious truck accidents and surviving family members in wrongful death cases involving trucks. We handle cases involving every kind of commercial vehicle:
- Big rigs, tractor-trailers and 18-wheelers
- Over-the-road haulers
- Flatbed trucks
- Cement mixers, dump trucks and construction trucks
- Parcel delivery trucks
- Commercial vans and pickups
There are many kinds of truck accidents and many reasons for these accidents:
- Trucks roll over when they are traveling too fast or loaded unevenly.
- Air brakes malfunction.
- Trucks jackknife, usually because they are braking too hard.
- Tires blow out.
- Cargo tumbles out of the truck, striking or blocking other vehicles.
- Trucks brake suddenly and cars behind slide under the rear trailer.
- Drivers are drunk or distracted. These cases of unacceptable behavior may result in punitive damages.
- Drivers are unable to see surrounding vehicles because of blind spots.
Qualities Of A Successful Pennsylvania Truck Accident Attorney
A successful semi-accident attorney must be a good detective. In addition to our investigators, we are at the accident scene as soon as possible, preventing evidence from being lost. We conduct state-of-the-art accident reconstruction. We examine black boxes and drivers’ logs to arrive at a complete understanding of the accident.
Our 91-year history in this region makes us highly credible defending your interests in a civil suit. Our goal is always to deliver maximum compensation for the losses you have suffered.
Contact the Stroudsburg truck accident lawyers at Newman Williams, P.C., at 570-559-5507, toll-free 800-506-0191.